Anti-Slip Treatment: What To Consider
A lot of the time when homeowners are forced to employ a non or anti-slip treatment for their own floors, one of the chief factors they think is aesthetics. That is understandable, considering that many properties have aesthetic features which property owners might love to keep or maintain with the use of a therapy that is non-slip. But there are other things that property owners will need to consider when choosing a treatment, the most crucial of which must be the power of the treatment being implemented.
Testing the Effectiveness of Anti-Slip Treatments
There are many distinct treatments for growing the slip resistance such as acid etching treatments, shot blasting, anti-slip coating, grinding and adhesive strips. And while all these methods are options for floor safety that is increasing, their effectiveness are varied, depending on the surface to which they are implemented, as well as other aspects.
So as to assess the effectiveness of an anti-slip therapy on your particular flooring, slide testing is vital. Slide testing ensures you are currently making the best choice of treatment for your surface, maintaining pedestrians safe and preventing suits and costly accidents from slips and falls on your premises.
You can look into other factors which may influence the form and function of the surface to which the treatment is implemented such as:
- Aesthetics – Many treatments for anti-slip floor can and often do bring changes to the appearance of floors. They can change the design, colour and general appearance of a surface affecting style and the appearance of a room. If that is a significant consideration, which is often the case especially in hospitality properties like hotels, resorts, restaurants and malls, then you may have to reconsider your selection of anti-slip treatment.
- Chemical Properties – Specific treatments, such as acid etching can chemically change the structure of this surface to. Based upon the resistance of the surface treatments may be less successful for raising slip resistance; or they might just wind up damaging your flooring.
- Mechanical Properties – other treatments, for example, grinding, this can accomplish a surface that is more slip resistant through mechanical means. In essence, they rely on machinery to increase the roughness of the surface, These treatments can be quite harsh. Therefore, they are not ideal for all surfaces. They are more suitable for large commercial and industrial areas.
- Cleanability – Along with many anti-slip treatments, the method of cleaning floors may have to be changed. Most, if not all treatments add a roughness and texture to surfaces which may make them more prone to dirt and grime.
- Durability – similar to effectiveness, durability of a non-slip treatment is one aspect that can also be professionally tested. As much as possible you desire a solution that is not only powerful but can also be durable, this can give you the very best value for money. Take note however that each treatment will eventually require reapplication over a period of time to guarantee security and slip resistance.
To know more about anti-slip treatments and how to select the best one for your flooring, let Surface Masters be the answer for you. Our sophisticated and cost-effective anti-slip treatments and solutions will greatly reduce the risk of slip and fall accidents without altering the visible appearance of your floors in any way.
Surface Masters Anti-slip treatment microscopically modifies the floor surface to dramatically increase the grip for bare feet, shoes, and all kinds of pneumatic and solid wheel tires. There is no visible change to your floors, the treatment can be carried out during business hours and requires no special maintenance.